Last year I was able to work with this amazing family by planning their 20+ event, multi-day wedding. From finding the venues to directing where the last string of Jasmine was to be placed… all the hours of planning was more than worth it. We are so honored to be featured on Maharani Weddings Films.
Check it out!!!
Maharani Wedding Films: Minneapolis
We are in that time of year when tons of design is taking place. We’ve been working a ton to update our social media and Pinterest is one we’ve been doing a lot with.
Check out some of our new boards here:
BROWN & NATURAL
METALLIC & SHINNY
And don’t forget to follow us + check out our other boards. Happy pinning.
Finally, we’re done with our Design & Production webpage. Check our some of our favorite ideas that have been transformed for real life events. We have everything from hanging cakes to Indian doorways… built by yours truly. We also have unique floor plans and before and after photos. This is one of our favorite processes of the planning venture – DESIGN!!! We hope you enjoy and contact us for your next wedding or event.
Here is a sneak peak at a few of beloved creations.
Congrats to Priya and Rishi and their 11 event, 4-day wedding! The couple got married in Minnesota at the Hilton Hotel downtown Minneapolis, the perfect venue to host all their events at one location. The events had a range of 350 to 540 guests at the various events. The couple’s events included:
Thursday = Mehndi party
Friday = Welcome Lunch and Sangeet
Sunday = Breakfast, Baraat, Ceremony, Lunch, Cocktails, and Dinner
Monday = Brunch (Hilton) and Pooja at the Hindu Temple in Maple Grove.
One of our favorite things they did for their guests was have the videographer construct a “same-day edit” video, thanks to Story of Us Films. We showcased this video at the reception on Saturday night. It was the perfect way to show the entire guest attendance all the events they couldn’t attend. Summer Street Photography has locations in Minneapolis and Boston, the perfect fit for this couple who lives in Boston and hosted their wedding here in Minnesota.
We can’t thank all our vendors for the amazing job they did to create a beautiful and seamless wedding for our South Indian couple! It certainly takes an experienced and talented fleet of vendors to pull of an 11 event 4-day wedding. Always a special THANKS to my amazing team!
Wedding Planner: Sunrise Styling
Event Venue: Hilton Hotel Minneapolis
Photographer: Summer Street Photography
Videography: Story of Us Films
AV & Tech: AV For You
Catering & Beverage: Hilton Hotel & India Palace
Floral: Sadie’s Couture Floral
Décor: Sankheda Weddings, Apres
Linens & Rentals: Linen Effects
Draping: Avant Décor
Hair & Makeup: Primped MN
Baraat: Hitching Co.
Henna: Blurberry Buzz
Stationery: Sunrise Styling
Transportation: Total Luxury Limo
The art of an Indian wedding is complex in details, length, number of events, and traditions. After years in the wedding industry and multiple Indian weddings planned – I’ve found the value of my experience is more important to Indian couples looking to hire a planner vs. the fee. I’ve also found that it’s not so much the couple getting married, as it is the parents and extended family who put more value on a planner’s experience with Indian weddings vs the fee.
It’s hard to get that first opportunity and break into planning any type of cultural event, so we are honored that our team at Sunrise Styling has been able to plan and produce many Indian weddings. We’ve had American-Indian fusion weddings, a wedding with double everything – both American and Indian events, Hindu weddings, and weddings involving north and/or south cultures and traditions. Of course we continue to learn with every wedding and we welcome opportunities to plan and explore more Indian and Asian cultures and traditions.
Some of the best reasons to hire an experienced Indian wedding planner:
- They know how to schedule the multiple events during a wedding weekend to ensure flow and everything happens according to the time line.
- They will provide staff accordingly for the wedding weekend. With many events happening at the same time and in multiple rooms or areas of a venue – having a staff who knows all the events and elements of the weekend ensures the couple (and family) will have a flawless wedding.
- They know the details and intricacies of events like the pre-ceremonies, Pooja, Mehndi, Baraat, Kannyadaanam, Saptapadi, and Maṅgaḷasūtra Dhāraṇa just to name a few.
- Well educated in managing and working with large budgets. The average Cost of Wedding in the USA is $26,444 where the average cost of an Indian wedding is the USA is $65,000. I think this is low and agree with the Washington Post prediction of average Indian wedding cost reaching $250,000
- They will love Indian food and assist you with all the selections for your catering. From actual food items, menu pairing suggestions, reputable caterers, and coordination with venues…nothing is left to question with the catering process.
- With colors and décor being a huge part of the events – an experienced Indian planner will help guide you through the design process, color palate selection, and specialty Indian decor rentals for things like the ceremony, fire pit, Mandap, floral garlands, and more.
- Music is another major element for the wedding. Most Indians of the younger generations will be fine with the top 40’s, pop/rock, R&B, Hip hop, and oldies during the reception dance. There are areas where traditional or live musicians need to be present: A dohl player during the baraat and/or ceremony, music for the Sangeet, bride’s processional, or Bollywood at the Pooja or Mehndi event. They should also have DJ’s who can cater to these requests and needs in addition to the typical wedding dance music.
- Many of the vendors providing wedding services need not know anything about Indian culture. However, there remains a few that an experienced and well networked planner can help you find vs a non-Indian experienced planner. Items like Indian sweets and desserts, henna artists, baraat horse or elephant, Indian officiant, and of course a venue that provides Indian catering or allows one to come in from offsite.
- They will support you and the family, listen to your needs and wishes, ask and learn about new Indian elements you incorporate to the wedding (we don’t know it all), and be your liaison/adviser/counselor and friend. We planners wear many hats!
Here are some of our favorite photos from our Indian weddings. We hope you love what we’ve done and CONTACT US a note if you or someone you know is planning an Indian wedding.